up next

Stamped: 2009-03-07 00:00:00 -0500 | Show comments

sandalhut

Last year, I completed a simple commerce website where I used my own solution written in rails. It worked, but it was a very simple application, not much flare, not much ajax (which is omg exciting). So for this, it would've wound up being a little too simplistic, and to avoid having to reinvent the square wheel, I tried using substruct. Substruct is great for what it is, but it hasn't been updated in some time now, so I tried redoing it with spree, and that's where I am now. The transition has been pretty smooth since I had finished most of the views already. As far as the functionality, it seems like a winner! Huzzah.

tags: spree
recent entries
Rails — A faster way for next and previous links on a post, article, or any model
The awkward things Siri says
Node.js — Getting oAuth Up and Running Using Express.js and Mongoose
Node.js — Getting oAuth Up and Running Using Express.js, Railway.js and Mongoose
Migrating from Rails 3.1 RC4 to RC5 using Heroku's Cedar Stack (also compass, unicorn, and sendgrid)
Random Freeze Fix for GTX 460 in 10.6 (osx86)
Wasted on Steam - an analytic tool for the Steam platform
Rails 3.1 — SQL logging to STDOUT during testing (with rspec, test::unit, or cucumber)
Rails 3.1 — Using ERB/HAML/etc within a Coffeescript JS file
Rails 3.1 — 'load_missing_contant': Expected ... to define ... (LoadError)
View the entire archive of articles